Frequently many students of colleges and HEIs rise a question how to transfer to another specialty or to other university. In this article we will describe some situations in details:
- how to be transferred from one educational institution to another;
- how to be transferred from one specialty to another;
- how to be transferred to foreign HEI, and let’s consider the order of recovery of students in case of expel.
Transfer of students of RK HEIs
Note, that the students of RK HEIs can be transferred:
- from one course to another;
- from one specialty to another;
- from one HEI to another;
- from Kazakhstan HEI to foreign HEI.
Transfer from one course to another
Main condition of transfer from one course to another is the result of average score academic progress, i.e. GPA not lower than established in educational institution score. Transfer of students from one course to another is realized in accordance with summer examination results with due regard to summer the results of summer semester and admissible transfer score. While transferring the course of study is determined by prerequisites. Prerequisites are the data on absence of academic debt on subjects and result of set GPA. Transfer credit is realized by educational path, necessary for developing of particular educational program.
Transfer of students from one course to another is formalized by the order of HEI’s head. Student, on educational grand who has reached a set transfer score and transferred to the next course upon availability of academic debt liquidates it on a fee basis, keeping the educational grant. One should note that the cost of liquidation of academic debt on disciplines in every HEI is different, so the information must be specified in certain HEI.
Transfer from one specialty to another in one HEI
Transfer of students from one specialty to another, from one educational form to another is realized only for those who study on a fee basis. Transfer of student studying on a fee basis from one specialty to another in one HEI is accompanied by implementation of particular changes in the contract and formalized by the order of hei’s head.
Order and terms of liquidation of academic difference in disciplines of curriculum are formalized by the order of the dean of faculty for current academic year and included in individual curriculum of student.
For transferring to the current specialty student must have no academic debts on current disciplines. Transfer is considered only in the period of winter or summer holidays. During this period student must liquidate the difference in disciplines in connection with the transfer to another specialty. This difference can be liquidated only on a fee basis. Order and terms of liquidation of difference are formalized by the command of dean. If the difference is not liquidated in set terms it will be considered as academic debt.
Transfer from one HEI of RK to another HEI to the same specialty
Student studying on an educational grant can be transferred with keeping of the grant to another HEI in case, if he is transferred to the same specialty. Students who entered to purposeful places with educational grant confirmed for particular HEIs and pedagogical specialties within provided quota, can be transferred to another HEI only on a fee basis. Transfer of students and post-graduate students from another HEIs to national hei is realized only on a fee basis.
Transfer of doctoral and master students who study on a state educational order, from one hei to another is admissible while allocation by authorized body in the field of education of state educational order.
Procedure of students’ transfer from one hei to another is carried out in following way:
1) student who wishes to transfer to another hei submits an application on transfer addressed to the head of hei where he currently studies and upon getting of written contest for transfer, attaché by a seal, appeals to the head of preferable hei;
2) application on transfer must be enclosed with:
- copy of transcript, signed by pro-rector and office recorder and attached by a seal;
- certificate about passing of single national testing or complex testing (for bachelor);
- certificate on passing of entry exams (for magistracy and doctorate);
- certificate of educational grant owner.
3) dean of the faculty on the basis of submitted documents determines the difference of disciplines in curriculums and in accordance with prerequisites sets the course of study, conducts transfer credit according to educational program and certifies individual curriculum of the student by agreement with registration department;
4) in accordance with dean’s permit of the faculty, head of studying department, hei deputy leader on educational work, the head of hei makes and order on transfer of student;
5) in case of transfer of master and doctoral students studying on a state educational order, the order of hei leader is made after making the decision of authorized body in the field of education.
Leader of hei where the student transfers, within 3 working days since the day of order making directs written request to the HEI where he studied before on sending of his personal profile data. Request is attached with the copy of order on enrolment of the student.
Leader of hei where the student studied before, after receiving of such request issues an order on dismissal with the sign "expelled by the reason of transfer to (name of institution)" and within 3 working days from the date of issuance the order on dismissal sends a personal data file of the student to the accepting institution.
The HEI, where the student was studying keeps the copy of transcript, record book, student card and record of submitted documents.
While transferring of student on a fee basis from one institution to another there is a contract made between him and host institution.
While transferring of a student to foreign educational organizations it’s necessary to provide the document on passed studying programs (academic reference, transcript) and also about the completion of previous level of education which must pass the procedure of nostrification in RK.
Expell and recovery of the students in RK
First of all let’s note by what reasons you can be expelled from educational institution.
Student can be expelled:
- by own desire;
- because of the transfer to another HEI;
- because of non-payment for study course;
- for violation of studying discipline;
- for violation of internal regulation of educational institution.
How to be recovered on education for college students?
In case of delayed payment the students studying on a paid basis, have the right to be recovered within 4 weeks from the time of expell, the educational organization recovers the students upon providing of debt repayment within 3 working days.
For recovery the student submits an application addressed to the head of educational organization, the application must be attached with certificate issued to persons who have not completed studying course (or the record book of student) with the list of academic disciplines of curriculum.
Organization of education on the basis of provided reference must consider the application for recovery within 2 weeks from the date of its submission and define the course and difference in the disciplines. If a student was studying on grant basis, after recovery, the study is carried out on a fee basis.
How to be recovered on education for HEI students?
Student on a fee basis, expelled for non-payment of education fee, in case of re-payment of this debt can be recovered within 4 weeks since the day of expel. After recovery, students, previously studying on a grant, study on a fee basis.
Procedure of recovery is realized in following order:
1) student submits an application on recovery addressed to the head of HEI, where he expresses his desire to continue his education. Application on recovery is attached by the reference;
2) dean of the faculty on the basis of provided reference determines the difference in disciplines of curriculum and in accordance with prerequisites sets the course of study, conducts transfer credit according to educational program and confirms individual curriculum of the student by the agreement with registration department;
3) in accordance with permits of the faculty dean, leader of studying department the head of HEI imposes an order on recovery of the student.